Early applications are encouraged due to the competitive application pool and limited cohort size. Admission is on a rolling basis, and applications will be accepted until a strong and diverse cohort has been admitted. It is recommended for interested applicants to contact us for an informal admissions consultation.
- Professional Experience/Employment History (Résumé): A minimum of five years of professional work experience is required. Experience does not have to be in a healthcare setting. Submit a copy of your résumé to show your employment history.
- Transcripts: A bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA (applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis). Please upload copies of your transcripts for each college and university attended with your online application. Transcripts that are scanned and uploaded to the site are considered unofficial. You will need to provide official copies of transcripts from your degree issuing institution. Official transcripts must be received before a final admissions decision can be granted.
- Personal History Statement: The personal history statement should illustrate your past experience, both personal and professional, and how it has influenced you to apply to the EMPH Program.
- Statement of Purpose: This should focus on your present and future. What you plan on doing, professionally.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Submissions of letters of recommendations are preferred using the form through our online system. However, letters received by mail or email will be accepted if received directly from the recommender. Letters should be from either a professional or academic source. At least one recommendation should be from a current or former supervisor who can speak to your managerial skills and leadership qualities.
- Official GRE Scores: The GRE is not required.
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Scores (international applicants only): Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required for applicants whose native language is not English, or who have completed post-secondary education outside of the U.S. A TOEFL score of at least 560 on the paper-based test, 220 on the computer-based test, or 87 on the internet-based test is recommended. TOEFL scores are valid for two years from the test date. An IELTS overall band score of 7.0 is the minimum requirement. See University Policies and Requirements.
Tuition & Financial Aid:
- The annual tuition is $33,000, and it is a two-year program. This amount covers the costs of registration and class materials, excluding textbooks.
- Financial aid in the form of student loans are available every year. Please visit the UCLA Financial Aid website for detailed information and to submit your FAFSA.
Please also see our Frequently Asked Questions, or feel free to contact us.